Friday 22 July 2011

MMA Combat - Life After the UFC Begins, Marquardt Signs with BAMMA

MMA Combat - Life After the UFC Begins, Marquardt Signs with BAMMA

Former UFC middleweight title-challenger, Nate Marquardt (31-10-2) has officially found a new home, as British promotion BAMMA (British Association of Mixed Martial Arts) announced the signing of the Team Jackson representative today, inking the veteran to a multi-fight deal.

“As soon as we received word that the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission lifted Marquardt’s suspension, we jumped at the chance to sign him,”
BAMMA Vice President Liam Fisher said. “He is a top-ranked contender and an asset to any promotion. Words cannot express how excited we are that Marquardt is now fighting under the BAMMA banner.”

Marquardt's highly publicized dismissal from the UFC has resulted in some of the most trying times to-date for the 32-year old out of Grudge Training Center in Colorado. But with today's announcement, "The Great" hopes to get things back on track as he looks forward to new opportunities.

“Now that my suspension has been lifted and I’ve found a home with a new fight promotion, I can move forward and turn my focus back to my fight career,” Marquardt said. “This has been an extremely difficult time, and I’m very thankful to those who stood by me.”

“Offers came in from several fight promotions, but we felt that BAMMA was definitely the best fit,”
he said. “They put on high-quality shows, stack their cards with top-level fighters and sign those fighters to multi-fight deals. They are also the only fight organization in the UK that implements PED testing. To be honest, that is one of the main reasons that we chose BAMMA. I want to prove to my fans and to the world that I’m the real deal and that I belong on top.”

The former middleweight contender that recently announced his return to the welterweight ranks owns 15 victories by way of submission in a career with more notable wins than most have fights. While friends, family, and teammates supported Marquardt after his sudden released from the UFC (click here for background story), many went public with their disapproval; Marquardt looks to settle the score with those who called him out, at first opportunity inside the cage.

“I’m looking forward to getting back to fighting, and there are some guys out there that I would definitely like to get my hands on. I’m talking about the fighters that kicked me while I was down. BAMMA is known for signing top talent, so I may just get my chance.”

Follow us on twitter @mmacombatDOTcom
facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...63733427002469
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/mmacomba...m?feature=mhum
Blogger: http://mmacombatdotcom.blogspot.com/
And on Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/mmacombatdotcom

No comments:

Post a Comment