Friday 22 July 2011

MMA Combat - Ahead of Bellator 47, Sandro Talks Malegarie

MMA Combat - Ahead of Bellator 47, Sandro Talks Malegarie

Bellator FC featherweight, Marlon Sandro (18-2-0), is one of the more exciting 145lbers you will find today, which is saying a lot considering the pace that typifies the division. The former King of Pancrase and Sengoku champion out of Nova Uniao has made his name primarily on the Japanese circuit, with his North American debut coming in the quarterfinals of the Bellator Summer Series featherweight tournament, June 25, where he defeated Genair da Silva via split decision, a result the Brazilian star was not content with.

“I don’t want to belittle anyone, but I was surprised when they called a split decision,” Sandro told Sherdog.com. “Me, Andre Pederneiras and Jose Aldo, who were in my corner, couldn’t understand how they decided that. I pressured him all fight, always moving forward. He was always walking backwards, and I hit him much more.”

Ahead of his Bellator FC 47 clash Saturday night with fellow Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black-belt Nazareno Malegarie (20-1-0), Sandro took a moment to discuss the bout and what he plans to do against the dangerous Argentinian, who bounced back from the first loss of his professional career with a submission victory over Jacob Devree in the quarterfinal match-ups.

“I’ve already seen some fights from Malegarie and I know he has a good BJJ background. He comes from a good school, he’s a Thiago Tavares pupil, but I’m going to fight MMA, and wherever the fight goes, I’ll be ready.”

“I believe he will exchange a little and try to put me down. “I’ve trained both on my feet and on the ground. I’m really confident that I’ll win.”


In 20 professional fights, Sandro (34) has never been stopped inside the distance, losing only to UFC talent Michihiro Omigawa via split decision in August of 2009, and most recently, newly acquired UFC featherweight, and world ranked Japanese star Hatsu Hioki this past December by unanimous decision. Sandro has a clear vision of his goals as he attempts to advance in the tournament bracket, Malegarie is merely another obstacle he must overcome to achieve them.

“I respect everyone, but my thoughts are always on being the champion,” said Sandro. “Every fight I have, I do it with the intention to be No. 1 in the promotion. To achieve that dream, I’ve gotta beat Malegarie, a very tough guy, but I’m ready for that.”


Follow us on twitter @mmacombatDOTcom
facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...63733427002469
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/mmacomba...m?feature=mhum
Blogger: http://mmacombatdotcom.blogspot.com/
And on Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/mmacombatdotcom

No comments:

Post a Comment