Tuesday 29 November 2011

Leben Suspended 1-Year for Failed Drug Screen - MMA Combat

Leben Suspended 1-Year for Failed Drug Screen - MMA Combat

UFC officials announced Monday that middleweight contender Chris "The Crippler" Leben (22-8-0) has been handed a one-year suspension by parent company Zuffa LLC, after a failed post-fight drug screen at UFC 138, an event he headlined on November 5.

Leben's sample came back positive for banned substances oxycodone and oxymorphone, while the remaining nineteen competitors on the card passed their tests. UFC president Dana White made the following comment on the issue.

“I like Chris and I want him to do well, but based on his actions, he’s been suspended for one year. If he needs professional help, we are going to be there for him. We want to see him succeed not only in the Octagon, but in his personal life.”

"The Crippler" who coaches and represents Icon Fitness MMA in Oahu, Hawaii, posted three consecutive wins in 2010, defeating Jay Silva, Aaron Simpson, and Yoshihiro Akiyama respectively, but saw his momentum halted when he ran into Brian Stann on New Year's day. In July, the Portland, Oregon, native bounced back with a knockout victory over Wanderlei Silva, but Mark Munoz was not to be denied at UFC 138 where he stopped Leben with deep lacerations (TKO doctor stoppage).

The thirty-one year old veteran commented on the suspension Monday:

“I would like to make it known that I fully accept this suspension and apologize for embarrassing the UFC, my friends and family, and [the] sport of mixed martial arts. I’m learning that I’m my own worst enemy sometimes. I can’t succeed in the Octagon or in life behaving this way. I’ve got to make some real changes over the next year, and I’m going to focus on getting my life and career back on track.”


Check out our user-friendly mobile page!
Follow us on twitter @mmacombatDOTcom
facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...63733427002469
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/mmacomba...m?feature=mhum
Blogger: http://mmacombatdotcom.blogspot.com/
And on Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/mmacombatdotcom

No comments:

Post a Comment