Tuesday 28 February 2012

Alves Brimming With Confidence Ahead of UFC on FX 2 - MMA Combat

Alves Brimming With Confidence Ahead of UFC on FX 2 - MMA Combat

Saturday, March 3, 2012, the Ultimate Fighting Championship will go live from Allphones Arena in Sydney, Australia, for UFC on FX 2 - Alves vs. Kampmann, featuring a welterweight contest between two of the division's best striking talents, Thiago "Pitbull" Alves and Martin "The Hitman" Kampmann.

One-time title challenger Thiago Alves has not put together a winning streak since 2008, but despite mixed results inside the octagon, a refocused "Pitbull" is brimming with confidence ahead of his main-event slot Saturday afternoon (Friday night in North America).

“The Thiago Alves that fought GSP was not prepared to fight at that level at all," said Alves on MMAWeekly radio. "I beat all the guys, I earned the title shot, not like most of the people that fought for the title that fought one guy. I actually cleaned out the welterweight division except (Jon) Fitch. But for that fight I didn’t prepare myself well, mentally I wasn’t prepared for that kind of pressure. The magnitude of the show."

Since that bout, the American Top Team product has gone 2-2 dropping unanimous decisions to Jon Fitch and Rick Story while defeating John Howard and most recently Papy Abedi at UFC 138 - Leben vs. Munoz in November of last year. With his weight now under control - credited to the direction provided by Mike Dolce - Alves is more capable of concentrating on his performance leading up to fight night.

Speaking about his re-commitment to the sport he loves, and what he plans on doing this weekend, Alves had the following to say:

“Being a fighter, it just doesn’t stop the clock. It’s 24/7. It’s the way you carry yourself throughout the world, throughout life while in this business, and I learned that. I’m a fighter 24/7 and I’m loving every second.”

“It doesn’t matter where the fight goes. It’s going to be my fight. I’m very concerned with what I’m going to do to him. I’m going to try to break him whether it’s in the stand-up or on the ground. I have all the respect in the world for Martin Kampmann and his camp, but I truly believe that I’m going to break him, it doesn’t matter where the fight goes.”


Previous article: Noons Expects Another 'Fight of the Night' Performance

Check out our user-friendly mobile page!
Follow us on twitter @mmacombatDOTcom
facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...63733427002469
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/mmacomba...m?feature=mhum
Blogger: http://mmacombatdotcom.blogspot.com/
And on Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/mmacombatdotcom

No comments:

Post a Comment